For oily skin
- Mince 1 sweet pepper cleaned from seeds. Blend it with 1 tablespoon of salt. Pour 2 tablespoons of calendula petals with a glass of boiling water. Infuse it till getting cold. Then filter the infusion and mix the calendula gruel with pepper. Apply the mask on the face and keep for 5-7 minutes. Wash the face with warm water and apply any moistening cream. This mask can be used as a light peeling and also it moistens and vitaminizes skin.
- Knead 1/2 cup of raspberry and mix with 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of calendula decoction, prepared like in previous recipe. Apply to the face with cotton pad. Keep for 25 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water and apply any nourishing cream. This mask cleanses, freshens and nourishes oily skin.
For withering skin
- Mix 1 tablespoon of calendula petals, 1 tablespoon of camomile flowers, 1 tablespoon of mint and 1 teaspoon of rosemary leaves. Chop all components and pour with 1 liter of white dry vine. Keep in the dark place to infuse for 2 weeks and then filter. Wipe the face with this lotion every evening and then apply your nourishing cream. This lotion will help to remove early wrinkles.
For acne skin
- Pour 2 tablespoons of fresh calendula petals with 1 glass of boiling water. Keep to infuse for 30 minutes and then filter. Add some starch in the infusion stirring slowly. When the mixture becomes like thick sour cream, apply it to the face and wait for 15-20 minutes. Then wash with warm water. This mask removes skin irritation and soothes skin.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
For oily skin
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
These small yellow and red flowers make us glad for the whole summer. And also these flowers can be useful in skin care. Calendula is effective antimicrobial and antiphlogistic remedy. It moistens and tones skin greatly. Moreover, calendula infusion helps to fight against acne and pimples.
Use fresh calendula petals in summer, and change them for dry petals in autumn and winter. If you get more infusion than you need for chosen recipe, then don’t pour it out. It can be kept in the fridge and used as a lotion.
For normal skin
- Make smaller 3 tablespoons of fresh calendula petals and 3 leaves of currant. Pour it with 1 glass of boiling water and cover with a lid. Crush 1/2 cup of black currant with a wooden spoon. Add calendula infusion to currant and mix carefully. Apply the mask to the face and keep for 10-15 minutes. Then wash the mask with warm water. This mask gives elasticity to skin.
- Cook porridge from 3 tablespoons of rice without salt. Pour 2 tablespoons of calendula petals with rice-water. Keep getting cold. Take 2 tablespoons of cherry without pits and knead berries. Mix rice, cherry and calendula infusion, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and mix again. Apply the mask to the face and in 10-15 minutes wash it off with warm water.
For dry skin
- Knead 3-4 plums with a wooden spoon and keep in the fridge for 10 minutes. Pour 3 tablespoons grinded fresh calendula petals with 1 glass of boiling water, cover and infuse for 5-7 minutes. Then filter it. Mix plum with calendula gruel and apply to the skin of the face for 10 minutes. Then wash the mask with warm water. This mask has emollient and tonic effects.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of calendula petals with 1 glass of boiling water and keep in the warm place. Filter the infusion when it gets cold. Knead 1/2 cup of cherry and mix with steamed petals, 1 tablespoon of any vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of calendula decoction and mix again carefully. Apply the mask to the skin for 10-15 minutes. Take it away with cotton pad and wash the face with warm boiled water. This mask moistens and softens skin very well.